Maui Makers needs your help.
After an intensive search, Maui Makers has secured an option to rent a space in Wailuku that will be a great home for us to set up our tools and house tools and equipment. The landlords love the idea of Maui Makers so have given us a great deal on rent. The space gives us rough finished areas suitable for setting up separate classroom, clean work space for electronics and printing, “dirty” work space for painting, dyeing, cutting, etc. and wood/metal working areas.
The space will allow us to have multiple events each week, and broaden our activities. It also allows members to access tools, equipment (3D printers, shapeoko, Arduinos, Dremels, hand tools, soldering stations, power tools), workbenches, build areas and fellow makers.
The space is rough finish, so we can modify it to fit our members needs, and it has adjacent space that allows us to offer members studio and storage space.
How can you help?
1. Help with daily administration of mauimakers: blogging, coordinating volunteers, championing a type of making, website management, bookkeeping, record keeping, board member, etc.
2. Hands-on turning the roughed in space into an awesome makerspace: painting, flooring, building shelves, equipment set up, equipment donation, installing workbenches, cables, etc.
3. Become a member (at http://www.mauimakers.com/membership-in-maui-makers/, or mail a check to Maui Makers, Inc. 415 Kahului Beach Rd.Suite E-429,, Kahului 96732), or donate using the paypal button. All donations are tax deductible, and all funds will be used to support the physical makerspace. Memberships are discounted until we get set up, so get them now. Discounts also apply for 5-year memberships. A limited number of lifetime memberships are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Volunteer to lead classes or workshops. You don’t have to be an expert, just enthusiastic and willing to learn with others.
5. Spread the word and invite your friends. Spread the Maker bug. Making is a fundamental aspect of being human. Everyone is a maker.
Email email@example.com if you can help in any capacity.