Thanks to everyone who contributed this weekend. If you want to help design or build, go to our google group here:
Pete Menningen, supported by Cole Santos, have been doing a great job leading the build out. Basic painting in the Build Room and Conference/Class Room. Room lights in and plumbing. Whiteboard and projector screen.
Electrical is big item for this week. Then we can start moving equipment in.
Ways to help:
1. Become a member–your memberships will help us make the space nicer and get better tools.
2. Make a donation. Even small donations help us buy needed items and tools. A lot of what we need is small parts. Those add up quickly.
3. Join us in an awesome group build to celebrate our grand opening. What about a remote controlled vessel that monitors the health of our coral reefs? Do you think we can make it happen?
4. Design and build a sign.
5. Design membership cards.
6. Design marketing material.
7. Volunteer to facilitate a workshop. You don’t need to be an expert–that’s a benefit of a makerspace–we learn together.
8. Help us find and write grants.
9. Let us kn kw if you are interested in becoming a Board Member or Committee Member.
10. Get everybody you know excited about Makers.
Today’s blast from Maui Maker’s past is Wade’s reprap 3d printer from a couple years ago.